Sea Pearls™ Are Healthy
Research has determined that there are some health risks associated with conventional tampon usage. These risks are related to the use of Dioxin, a by-product of the tampon fibre’s bleaching process.
Toxic Shock Syndrome develops when the common bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, produce a toxin which is absorbed into the bloodstream. The toxin rapidly overwhelms the immune system and attacks the major organs, leading to kidney failure, collapse of the lungs and in severe cases, cardiac arrest. Alarmingly, half of all known cases of Toxic Shock are women using Tampons.
Artificial fibres (like rayon) used in tampons are abrasive, so when a tampon lengthens it pushes against the cervical area, causing tiny cuts and imbedding pieces into the tissue. This has been traced as the probable cause of Toxic Shock Syndrome and has been shown to damage the vaginal walls by causing ulceration and peeling of the mucous membrane.
More information on Toxic Shock Syndrome can be found at www.tssis.com.
Tampons soak up more than just blood, they also absorb vaginal mucus that is necessary to maintain a healthy pH balance in the vagina. The vaginal walls are the most absorbent part of a woman’s body. Twenty five per cent of all pesticides are used on all cotton, which are used to make tampons.
No long-term independent testing has been done on the health effects of using non-organic cotton tampons.
Men may also be at risk of low sperm count due to contact with fibres and chemical residue left behind in the vagina.
Sea Pearls contain no Dioxin, Raylon or any form of synthetic fibres.
Did You Know? Natural Sea Sponges are still used in operating rooms during medical procedures